Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

West Central Valley CSD

Nutrition Services


Ajax Loading Image


Family Lunch Accounts Information & FAQ



Students have use of a Family meal account. When the Family account falls below zero, the student(s) shall not be allowed to charge extra milk or a la carte items until the negative account balance is paid. Students who qualify for free meals shall never be denied a reimbursable meal, even if they have accrued a negative balance from previous purchases. Students with outstanding meal charge debt shall be allowed to purchase a meal if the student pays cash for the meal when it is received. Families will be notified of an outstanding negative balance once the negative balance reaches -$0.01. Families may be notified by email, automated calling system or letters sent home with student or mail.


Families may add money to their account the following ways:

1. PaySchools – online electronic payment options

2. Pay by cash or check at the school or district office


WCV CSD has an online parent information center called JMC Parent and an online payment system called PaySchools. You can access JMC Parent Online from the school website (www.wcv.k12.ia.us) by scrolling to the quicklinks on the lower right section of the home page. If you have never logged in to the JMC Site or need help with your username or password, please contact the school or district office for assistance.

Payments to your family meal account may be made on PaySchools by following these steps:

  1. Log on to JMC Parent
  2. Click on Lunch
  3. Click on Make Online Deposit
  4. PaySchools will open
  5. Click on
  6. Enter the amount you are paying
  7. Click on Set Payment Amount*
  8. Verify the Grand Total
  9. Click
    1. First time users will register with PaySchools
    2. Returning users will login
  10. Complete the transaction and sign out.

*Please note: Lunch accounts are shared with family members. Only one deposit for each family is required.


School Board Policy 710.4 - Meal Charges

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Iowa Non-Discrimination Statement: “It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.6, 216.7, and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNP Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office building, 400 E. 14th St. Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; website: https://icrc.iowa.gov/.”